Convert M2TS to MP4 quickly?

Discussion about how to convert file format between each other.
Forum rules
1. English language only please
2. No spam, advertisement or inappropriate material
3. No trolling and flaming
Dannel

Convert M2TS to MP4 quickly?

Post by Dannel »

Hi,
I’m looking for quick and simple software that can convert M2TS files in batch. I have recorded many wonderful videos during my summer vacation with my Canon HF M56. Now new semester is coming, I want to put them on my Google Nexus 7 tablet to share them with my classmates. I tried uRex recommended by my friend but it degrades the video quality and also it takes 15 minutes for a job to run which is not ideal. Worse still, the converted video has a large size, eating too much of my storage space. I also tried Handbrake, but it keeps cracking on my mac computer with Mountain Lion.
Is there a quicker way that can produce small size without losing any quality? If the app could allow me to edit my video, it could be the best. Maybe I want too much :D
Malric

Re: Convert M2TS to MP4 quickly?

Post by Malric »

Hey Dannel,
well I'm personally using Freemake Video Converter when I'm converting some video, but that's on Windows. And it seems there is no Mac version of this program. Matches in our little converting searcher http://www.file-extensions.org/convert-m2ts-to-mp4 shows some commercial products for Mac, but tbh I'm not sure how well they work. But well, maybe someone who owns Mac can help you.
Janety

Re: Convert M2TS to MP4 quickly?

Post by Janety »

You can get many results by google search or you can try macx video converter pro. That is what I’m using now. I’m quite satisfied with its converting speed and output video quality. Surely, you can trim, crop, merge, cut the video as well as add subtitle to your video. Actually kill two birds with one stone :D