no access to vital areas

General discussion about file extensions and file formats.
Forum rules
1. English language only please
2. No spam, advertisement or inappropriate material
3. No trolling and flaming
acaaleks

no access to vital areas

Post by acaaleks »

The problem is that I used SMART (Service Management and Real Easy Tweaking) Utility for windows 7from 'thewindowsclub.com'
to tweak my operating system in supposedly safe mode.
I am unable to open folders,most files,program and all downloads;even if I start in safe mode.
I always get the message: "There is not enough free memory to run this program.Exit one or more programs & then try again."
I always have plenty of free memory,and closing all other programs still brings up this same message.
Things that I have tried:
I have enabled the disabled services that I felt might be of some value,
I tried booting into safe mode to no avail.
Lenovo Rescue and Recovery told me it could not repair "unspecified changes to the system configuration."
I am totally frustrated.
Malric

Re: no access to vital areas

Post by Malric »

Hey and welcome here, I would love to help you, but that's outside of my area. Perhaps someone will be able to help you :)
michelin

Re: no access to vital areas

Post by michelin »

Hi, at first uninstall SMART (Service Management and Real Easy Tweaking) from your Windows and try to check the system with CCleaner, Spybot Search & Destroy and antivirus software like Avast, AVG etc.

If these hints didn't help you, backup your data to flash drive, or external hard disk and use Rescue & Recovery from hidden recovery partition and restore the system to factory defaults. Be careful and backup all your data from the computer, because factory reset will erase all data from the disk!

To run R&R from recovery partition press and hold F11 button before computer will start booting.